Order by phone by calling 1-512-255-1498 or call toll free at 1-800-217-6677. Open Monday through Friday.
Shop online 24/7.
Healthy Life and Times is the exclusive distributor for Miracle Mist Plus, Miracle Gel, Alkalizing Bath Concentrate, Biodyne and other (name products.
Disclaimer: Healthy Life and Times, LLC does not diagnose, treat, prescribe or make medical claims. Statements on this website and in our literature have not been evaluated by the FDA. Our products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Testimonials reflect the personal experience of that one person only. Individual results may vary. Please consult a physician or medical practitioner before taking any dietary supplement, especially if pregnant or nursing.
Tips for Natural Relief
Contact with Poison Sumac can cause severe discomfort for days, and in a few cases the reactions can be so severe as to need emergency medical attention. Common allergic reactions include uncomfortable itch, swelling, redness, rash, fluid-filled blisters, hives, and red lines or streaks can appear. Urushiol is the active allergen in Poison Sumac that causes these uncomfortable reactions.
Secondary exposures from touching something that was contaminated by urushiol such as pet fur, gardening tools, etc. can also cause allergic reactions.
Good News - There are things you can do to relieve the symptoms.
1. Wash the area with soap and water as soon as you realize you've been exposed, hopefully within 10 - 15 minutes. Sometimes washing as late as two or three hours after exposure can still reduce the possibility of reactions.
2. Wash any clothes that might have had contact with poison Sumac, directly or indirectly.
3. Wipe down contaminated hard surfaces with rubbing alcohol.
4. Press wet compresses against the rash or soak in cool water.
5. Don't scratch as that can spread the bacteria and lead to infections.
6. Antihistamines, Calamine or corticosteroid lotions may alleviate some symptoms.
7. For the quickest relief, you need to neutralize the acidity of the urushiol that irritates the skin.
A recently patented product called Miracle Mist Plus Skin Spray, an all-natural cosmetic not yet released to make medical claims, has a 9.0 alkaline pH. Apparently it helps bring quick relief for many skin issues by neutralizing the acid environment areas affected by urushiol.
Several users have reported that this soothing, alkalizing skin spray has helped bring surprising relief from the effects of Poison Sumac, even if the symptoms are several days old.
People who work in the yard or enjoy being outdoors may reduce the possibility of uncomfortable and unsightly allergic reactions by spraying Miracle Mist Plus before or after symptoms appear. There are no known side effects and no risk of overuse.
Severe cases such as swelling of the face, mouth, neck, genitals, eyelids or extensive areas of blisters that ooze large amounts of fluid should be seen by a physician immediately.